The Brunswick Heads Health Food shop and cafe are located in the historic, picturesque seaside town of Brunswick Heads on the east coast of Australia, in an area renowned for its healthy outdoor lifestyle, organic and alternate food, surf, music and art culture, friendly imaginative people and natural beauty.
Owner David Shaw describes his business at an evening meeting of the Brunswick Heads Chamber of Commerce…
The shop, located in the centre of Brunswick Heads, offers a wide range of products to suit your healthy lifestyle choices. Regulars can benefit from discounts offered with our Loyalty Program cards.
- fresh, locally-grown, organic fruit, vegetables and eggs
- bulk dried foods including grains, herbs, spices, dried fruit, nuts, seeds and legumes, nut pastes, cooking oils on tap, detergents on tap, etc. Containers are supplied or you can bring your own.
- organic grocery lines and snacks
- organic and herbal skin, hair and body care products
- essential oils, incense
- herbal medicines
- nutritional supplements
- takeaway drink fridge featuring tasty organic fruit juices and sodas
- inspirational and fun greeting cards
The cafe is integrated into the shop so you can do everything together if you wish. The cafe bar tempts with cold and hot main courses, salads, desserts, and gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan meals prominently featuring Kristina’s unique, home-prepared creations. Often the chef is serving you herself so you can discuss the ingredients, learn about her favourite superfoods and how you can obtain and use them too. The cafe is complete with locally-baked cookies, tea, coffee and “the best chai in the region”.
Dining is al fresco undercover along the shop front, looking across the main intersection of the town towards the park. The serving counter opens out to the dining area, making your experience easy and enjoyable. While you dine you can peruse the wall beside you for the region’s upcoming events and services on one of the town’s colourful noticeboards, an artwork unto itself.
Two qualified naturopaths (one also a homeopath) are on duty to help and advise.